Make use of those frozen bananas in your freezer (I know you have some) with these banana nut muffins. The bananas in the recipe keep these muffins fresh and moist for days to come while the walnuts provide a satisfying crunch.
When I make these in a big batch, I’m handing them out to all my friends and family who I am camping with. They make for easy and filling snacks between meals, especially while out on the trails.
Baking Tip: use overripe bananas for maximum, delicious banana flavour.
Banana Nut Muffins
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts chopped + extra to top of muffins before baking, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a standard muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the mashed bananas, melted butter, and milk to a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla, and brown sugar.
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients and fold in until just mixed. Then, fold in the walnuts.
- Fill muffin pan cups to about 4/5 full. Top with additional walnuts, if desired.