This one is for all you pumpkin lovers out there. While some may wait for the fall season to officially hit, I say we can have pumpkin year-round! These mini personal pumpkin pies are the sweetest little treat. The individual portions make serving and leftovers an absolute breeze.
Have you ever camped close to Thanksgiving time? While for some it may be difficult, here in Canada, our Thanksgiving is often a couple weeks into October and is nearing the end of the camping season for summer campers. There is just something about gathering around the fire with a fall chill in the air that can’t compare to summer nights. And to top it all off…mini personal pumpkin pies of course!
From Thanksgiving to Christmas in July, spread a little bit of loving at family dinner with these mini pumpkin treats.
Mini Personal Pumpkin Pies
- 15 oz package ready-to-bake pie crusts
- 15 oz can pumpkin pie puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
Toppings, if desired
- whipped cream
- ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425°F and spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut pie crust out into circles using a wide-mouth jar lid. Push pie circles down into the muffin cups. If needed, gently knead and roll out any extra dough left from the rings to make a total of 21 circles.
- Mix pumpkin pie filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Divide filling among the mini pie shells.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 and bake an additional 10-12 minutes, until pie filling is just set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from muffin tin and topping with whipped cream. Garnish with some ground cinnamon, if desired, and enjoy!